Tuesday 5 January 2010

Could I ever make money ?

Me and my money making techniques

Now let’s be honest; we are all motivated by money right? Well perhaps not but I sure am. Normally when I’m involved in something, it’s because money is involved. I've tried many different money making techniques in my time and if I’m brutally honest, I am rubbish at it. But as they say, you can only improve, or at least that's what I thought.

I have always been driven by money, ever since I was fat little baby. (Not that fat) At the age of 5, I set up my own shop, which was located in my bedroom. I would sell anything I could find in the house. I would normally go for the items I knew my mum liked the most as that way she would just have to buy it back off me. Being only 5, I wasn’t aware of the items real value, so I saw most of my products going for 1 or 2 p perhaps 3p if I was lucky. So right from the beginning I was a smart thinker...sort of.

The shop didn’t last long, small businesses never do. However I didn’t let ot get my down and at the age of 10 I started cleaning my dad’s car for £3. This is where I started making real money. £3 a week plus £2 pocket money? I was raking it in! And because I didn’t really need to spend money at that age I saved a lot very quickly! I felt like a money making machine!!!

As time went on, so did my age. I got taller, my hair grew longer, got a dog, fed the cat, got another dog, everything was going on, and it was chaos! While all this was happening, I realised my money in my bank was no longer going up, but it was going down! Now I’m a journalist and this was news to me. I needed to make money, but right now my life was too hectic! I didn’t have the time. So I needed to find some way of making that money but with minimal effort. That’s when I welcomed myself to the world of eBay.

I didn’t really have anything to sell, I just liked the idea of it. However, as I browsed the many many pages of eBay, I finally found the perfect item for sale. It was only, 0.99p, free postage and packaging, it was irresistible. Product title “How to get rich quick” Item description – “want to make money on eBay without doing or selling anything? Then buy this and I’ll send you an email telling you how to do exactly that” Now I’ve been known as a bit of a bargain hunter and my god, was this a bargain! Basically, looking back, I am an idiot. Of course I was not going to get rich quick was I ? Anyway I received the email as promised and this is what I read “Congratulations. Now to get rich, simply create a listing like mine, Thank you purchasing” I have been officially conned. Never the less I wanted to get my 0.99p back. So I did create my own listing of “Get rich quick”. I didn’t sell a single copy. Surprise surprise. Anyway, I could go on and on, so I will. Being conned, then failing to con anyone myself was terrible. I had taken a big hit in the money making world.

I felt like running away. Make a fresh start elsewhere in world of money making. So I did. I took a different approach. I created my own website with Google ads didn’t I? Yeah I did! I didn’t make much money on this, but it was a start! I had finally made money online!! And it only got better! I was back on eBay, selling real household items. Then I moved on to be an affiliate for Amazon. And now I am drop shipping on eBay. It has been a massive journey. It has been emotional, tense, dramatic but most of all it’s been fun.

There have been other ways in which I have tried to make money online and failed, I could go on and on about them so I will....joking joking!

No comments:

Post a Comment