Tuesday 26 January 2010

McDonaolds - Whos lovin' it?


I am having to write this blog to meet the deadline as I am having problems uploading my video blog due to video size, however I shall upload asap.

Orwell was massive on advertising. So with my Orwellian mind I decided to look at McDonald's advertising campaign 'I'm lovin' it'.

Basically they are saying that everyone loves McDonald's. Do they? Do we? Do we love MacDonald's? Well apparently so. If that is the case explain this....

McJob - slang for a low-paying, low-prestige job that requires few skills and offers very little chance of intracompany advancement.

Well obviously the McDonald's workers are not lovin' it are they? So that's a lie. So who is lovin' it?The people who eat there perhaps ? Well who does eat there? Depressed obese people? Well they certainly are not lovin' it. There must be someone who is lovin' it. Kids! When they get their happy meals they are delighted! But when they realise they have not got the toy inside the box they wanted it all end in tears and they are no longer lovin' it.

So is McDonalds lying by claiming that "i'm lovin it". Well if you ask me (and it would appear anyone else) then yes! No one is 'lovin it'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PXkk5WuG10

Even in the advert they are not happy. But what are they doing hear? This advert sends me to sleep! It is like a lullaby. What are we supposed to be lovin'? The food ? The people? The only part in this advert that I was lovin' was the music and the fact it only lasted 40 seconds!

Anyway, I am beginning to digress. The point is I do not think that a lot of people are lovin' McDonalds. Even if they are...what is they are lovin' ? Well heres one fact for you....McDonalds, I'm definitely not lovin' it


1 comment: